Eduardo Avila, D.M.D., M.P.H.
Dr. Avila completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Florida with dual Bachelor of Science degrees in Food Science & Human Nutrition and Zoology. He then went on to earn his Doctorate of Dental Medicine from Tufts University, School of Dental Medicine in Boston, Massachusetts in 2002. After receiving his doctorate, Dr. Avila decided to pursue a Master's degree in Public Health at Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
To build on his public health experience, he has done volunteer work at:
- Light of the World Clinic
- Good News Care Center
- Mexico City, Mexico
- San Julian, El Salvador
With his passion to help others he continues to do local volunteer and charity events. His interest in orthodontics returned him to Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, for two years of specialty training and a Certificate in Orthodontics.
After obtaining his Certificate in Orthodontics, he perfected and increased his orthodontic skills by working for two of the most respected offices in the Washington D.C. area before purchasing his own practice. Dr. Avila worked for the nation’s leading provider of Invisalign® for three years and has mastered how to do orthodontics in the most cosmetic and least intrusive ways possible.
He is proud to be associated with the:
- Hispanic Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- National Dental Honor Society
- Maryland Chinese Dental Study Club
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Maryland State Society of Orthodontists
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society
- American Association of Public Health Dentistry